cursor positioning control sequence

I'm trying to figure out what emulation uses a ^Y (ctrl-Y) to start a cursor positioning sequence. Anyone rmember?

TIA

Reply to
Joe Silagi

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Joe Silagi wrote: | |> You mean, instead of Escape or CSI, the sequence starts with Control-Y? | | Yes. The sequence starts with a control Y followed by the row/column | parameters. it's from a very old POS system called rexon. I'm not | sure if it is it's own emulation, or something else like an old Wyse | or Televideo emulation. so far I haven't found a match.

Hmm. That is strange. Have you grepped through Eric Raymond's termcap and terminfo compilations, to see if any terminal supported there matches such a sequence?

Another thought: Can your trust your source that asserts the existence of a terminal having such a sequence? (The ultimate proof would be a serial-line-analyser trace of real output data from the "Rexon" containing this Control-Y sequence.)

Another thought: a POS system is probably not targeted to an 80x24 format display. It could be a proprietary sequence of some industrial LCD display controller. You might have to research the application notes of semiconductor houses which have made chips to control LCDs.

...RSS

--
K.L. says to try http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herb/r.php
which, however, contains no caffeine.

thanks for the info... looks like I have more research to do.

"Richard S. Shuford" wrote > |

Reply to
Joe Silagi