Alligator Jumper Clips

Where can I buy alligator jumper clips (just the clips with rubber insulators) that come in multiple colors? The only ones I can find not assembled come in red or black only, and the only ones in other colors (green, white, etc.) are complete with the wires soldered / crimped on. I want to build a bunch of jumper leads using some nice old cloth-covered wire I have - adding a bit of a personal touch to my workbench, you might say. You used to be able to buy them at Radio Shack, but I can't find them anywhere now.

Reply to
Chris F.

ire

Found them on Frys Electronics website.

Jerry

Reply to
JerryM

wire

y.

em

I saw some in Tokyo a few years ago on their electronics row.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Cheap Chinese stuff here.

10 for $2.90 >

I saw some in Tokyo a few years ago on their electronics row.

Reply to
John Keiser

Reply to
Andy

Rat Shack no longer caters to hobbists they got too good to sell usable parts.

Here is one source:

And another:

I have delt with both companies and they are reliable.

I hope this helps you. Both companies have a wide variety of parts and tools for sale.

Gnack

Reply to
Gnack Nol

Mouser sells the alligator clips and the colored vinyl insulators separately.

The insulators are available in red, black, green, yellow, white and blue.

--
Dave M
masondg44 at comcast dot net

One good thing about Alzheimer\'s; you get to meet new people every day.
Reply to
Dave M

Try here:

Hipupchuck

Is it alligator clips in USA and crocodile clips in the UK ?

N_Cook

I'll be sure to pick up a few the next time I'm going by Tokyo......

Reply to
Chris F.

On 5/19/2009 2:30 PM N_Cook spake thus:

No; we (U.S.) have both 'gators and crocodiles. Crocs are the bigger clips with the wide jaws.

Of course you have different words for them over there, dontcha?

David Nebenzahl

If you will visit Mueller's web page at

and look at the images, you can see the differences between alligator clips and crocodile clips.

An image of an alligator clip is Model # BU-60/BU-60C/BU-60X An image of a crocodile clip is Model # BU-85/BU-85C

I'm sure they have the same name in the UK as in the US.

Cheers!

--
HAM AND EGGS -- A day\'s work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Dave M
Reply to
Dave M

Guess I just wasn't looking hard enough.... thanks to all for the info.

Reply to
Chris F.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Alligators have wide (convex) jaws, & crocodiles have narrow, (concave) jaws.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

I bought these clips at Fry's here in Vegas. We use them to hold bibs when we go out to eat. Work great! And everybody asks me about them. I don't need anymore shirts with soy sauce stains on them.

snipped-for-privacy@justmanuals.com

Reply to
MrManuals