How to rust proof underwater alligator clips?

Greetings, All

I 'm doing some under water test but my alligator clips are rusting due to the fact that they are not coated with rust proof materials. Does anyone know which material to use to rust proof alligator clips (I purchased them from radio shack) The alligator clips are used to transmit voltage underwater but they rust after a day.

If I paint them with a rust proof material, the material will still have to be able to conduct electricity any ideas what i can use?

Thanks

Reply to
<jilss

the fact that they are not

to rust proof alligator clips

transmit voltage underwater but they rust after a day.

to be able to conduct electricity

All copper clips might work. I don't think they would corrode, because they are not in an oxygen environment. Electrolysis might be a problem, depending upon other things you have going on. Is this salt water?

Reply to
scada

You need to become familiar with the phrase "inappropriate for the task". . . You also need to learn to put all the groups to which you plan to post a question on the Groups line the 1st time you post it

--not submit it over and over.

This is called cross-posting.

Reply to
JeffM

depending

Is it AC or DC?

Reply to
CWatters

how about conductive silver paint ? I dont think that will rust but not totally sure on that.

chris

Reply to
exxos

exxos wrote this in :

Silver corrodes. Only metal I'm aware of that does not corrode or oxidize under any circumstances is gold. Gold plated clips should stand anything but Aqua Regia

So should platinium... So one of these should be your best bet.

--
MVH,
Vidar

www.bitsex.net
Reply to
Vidar Løkken

Aluminum tube ?

Chris

Reply to
exxos

exxos wrote this in :

[...]
[I've seen my .sig before]

Corrodes. Makes a thin film that does not pass current afaik.

--
MVH,
Vidar

www.bitsex.net
Reply to
Vidar Løkken

Here is a link to what may work for you:

Stainless steel spring clips...

Good luck...

Scott

Reply to
Scott Brehler

due to

to use

have

they

depending

You don't _use_ alli clips, or allow any bare conductors under water, for the obvious reason that the leakage currents will ruin any measurement or make a circuit malfunction. Duh!

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th