Again with the CTC169...

Hello again folks. Well, all suggestions made on the previous post were tried and the end result is I'm back to square one! Just to remind you, this

36" RCA has what looks like distorted video, both RF and composite inputs garner the same results. Image is shifted to the left approx. two inches, color is intermittent, there are severe hue shifts intermittently, colors sometimes bleed a little, sometimes when channel is changed vertical roll momentarily, when bringing up menu in video mode, OSD is perfectly centered, go figure. The jungle has been replaced so have countless other components...aaaarrrggghhh. Please help. Cheers, Steve
Reply to
Retro Depot

If you had a pix of the symptom, it would be a great help. Did the unit arc...I mean the CRT? If the ground that plugs into the CRT board, it can arc, & kill the jungle IC. Or, you may have a bad Q2906 the luminance buffer shorted on the main board toward the back of the chassis, (not sure of the location # ), look for the three R,G,B video buffer transistors in a row near the crt bias and drive controls and then look for a single transistor near there that is the luminance buffer. Hope this helps, Dani.

Look here:

Retro Depot wrote:

Reply to
Dani