Advent tv

I have an advent Q328A that I bought from best buy about in 2003. I have had it sitting in my spare bed room since early 2004. Now I try and plug it up to use it and I get a high pitched squeal. Any ideas what might be causing this? It is not effect by the volume, or unplugging the video/sound cable. It takes about 2 minutes before it starts and turns off when I turn the tv off

Reply to
Theodore B Bowen II

short in horizontal deflection or one output of the psu or flyback/LOPTX ...who knows? get it to a tech if unsure.

-Ben

No, it sounds like the TV works still...likely 15.734 KHz squeal from the horizontal section is my guess. Possibly the yoke is "singing" a bit?

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Ah, hadnt thought of that. If the set is Ok, it is probaly something vibrating in sympathy with the horizontal frequency - some coil with a loose core near the LOPTX, say.

"b" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Or something is self-oscillating because there's excessive rust... or something damaged by heat or humidity.

I.

Reply to
Inty