Adding missing SATA connectors to motherboard

I see you know how to assume multiple identities on USENET. My estimation of you just went up a notch.

Reply to
bulegoge

What? You don't smack anybody around, you just troll like a spoiled child. Did it ever occur to you that when you write something meant for others to read, if nobody has their head up your ass as far as you do, that the intended effect just isn't there at all?

Reply to
kony

Hmm. Threatening physical violence. In past trolls you attempted to claim there's nothing illegal about your trolling. Care to take another guess?

Reply to
kony

Funny, I always thought that if it worked that was proof.

The proof is the result, but to get the result you have to stop pretending your vast knowledge makes things impossibly hard.

You don't seem to know much then.

Reply to
kony

You're an idiot. You wouldn't know what escape velocity was if it hit you in the ass on your way out.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Take your meds, re-read the topic, and perhaps you will then see I was not the one who came looking for assistance. Regardless, that is what the forum is for and the curious part is you are here and not attempting to provide any on what is a trivial solder job. You entirely missed both factors required to have the intended result yet want to claim vast experience somehow overrides the obvious.

Why do people need assistance? Because they get misinformation from participants like yourself.

Reply to
kony

ha ha? wanna be? You are like the guy with the 'man step' on the back of his truck.

Bwuahahahahahaa! I got a dot for ya...

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I figured you were too stupid to actually see the connection between the nym and the last remarks.

You really are too retarded for my time, turkey.

Reply to
Spurious Response

You deaf, fucktard?

How the f*ck would a little retarded wuss like you know?

No. I laugh at retarded twits that cannot figure out what things cost, and when it is better to BUY what already exists. You are one such twit. Bwuahahahahahahaha! See? I laughed at you. It must be true.

Do you even know how to construct a proper sentence?

Did it ever occur to you that you have been in-the-barrel since you mouthed off, dumbfuck?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

te:

ght

he

I don't really need to look at the name. Your writing here is very distinctive. And did I mention, very one dimensional?

I would not be talking to me if I could be making $200/hour doing real work.

Reply to
bulegoge

You need to re-read what you wrote then, your grasp of english seems to need a bit more polish.

Oh, you mean you bought something as an end-user, and claim that's knowledge, but you still can't wrap your head around soldering a mere connector onto a PCB.

It's quite ridiculous. This is a very simple soldering job that you've blown out of proportion. Ok, you made a mistake underestimating the ability of people who have held a soldering iron. That part was not such a big deal but continuing to insist you are right contrary to common sense? It's just amazing.

Did the OP claim the goal was a NAS box on the net? If not, you have become terribly confused somewhere. Besides that, if the chipset supported the addt'l ports, and once the OP had the needed capacitors, it was a 4 to 10 minute job. If you can build a NAS and get it on the net in that amount of time, it's only because it was 90% done already.

Actually, many of us do this as a hobby and have spare parts lying around. It takes about 45 seconds to pull an SATA port off an old board if one has a hot air gun or even using crude methods like a pencil torch held at a distance... or of course, some of us even place orders at electronics supply houses periodically so adding this to the list is a fairly routine thing, not worth even mentioning as it's as common as tying one's shoes in the morning.

It's always nice to know exactly what you spend your time thinking about, but you might consider getting an air freshener and taking your meds.

Reply to
kony

Typical dumbfuck with a soldering iron remark. You crank up the temp control too, 'eh?

You are one predictable dipshit, boy.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I have decades more experience and knowledge than you do.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Really? Because you say so? LOL

Reply to
kony

So you know how old I am?

You sure as hell don't have more experience soldering a mere connector onto a PCB if you think THIS is hard.

Reply to
kony

Doesn't matter if the chipset has it if the BIOS doesn't dumbass.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

THIS THREAD WAS CROSSPOSTED, you retarded f*ck!

You do not see a goddamned thing. OBVIOUSLY!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Your E-1 grade, pussy boy assessments are as petty as everything else you have thus far spewed forth with.

Stew in that... all by yourself.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Are you 86?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Actually, I did trace the circuit and also reported what I measured in a separate post, but on a board I have that is not the same make and model as his, and if you are familiar with the extreme economizing ECS often does on their boards, you would then realize that what is normal is not always to be taken for granted when ECS is involved.

However, taking measurements with a DVM is a bit less simple than that in many instances since the parts are still in-circuit, potentially still in parallel or series with other parts unless one starts desoldering each one or can read and decipher the markings with a magnifying glass.

However, on my other post where I listed capacitance values I am fairly confident there was not need as one end of the circuit was open at the SATA connector itself. This is where working with multi-layer boards becomes more complex, tracing a dense circuit enough to follow it within a reasonable amount of time, not merely soldering a connector or SMD cap on the board.

A schematic leaves no doubt... if we can assume it was followed. Otherwise there are several hints but the first step is the one not so hard to do, put the port on the board after populating the missing cap locations with parts mirroring those on the other implemented ports.

Reply to
kony