USB to SATA bridge interface

Any recommendations for a USB to SATA bridge IC? I am opting to go for a TI chip TUSB9261. I need to create a bridge for a Slimline CD (slot), these are scarce to procure in an external USB drive assy. But the drives are abundant. if there is a pre made option that will work too. (board only).

Martin Riddle

something like these?

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

No need to design anything new. There are many USB to SATA adapters for sale all over the web. I use them daily in my never ending quest to keep junk computers alive. There area also boxes for slimline CD/DVD drives with a built in USB converter.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Actually like this Startech thingy, but it is obsolete.

I want to use it for this style drive.

Plus I need long term availbility. Rules out patching stuff together.

Martin Riddle

a few here:

building your own box? there's plenty of slim external dvd/cd drives with usb available

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Not in this combination of slot CD and USB.

But the Addonics may work, it's just that the USB connector orientation is less than optimal. I'd rather have a Right angle molex connector for the USB.

Martin Riddle

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

I use a Sabrent usb to SATA for cloning, It works fine on hard drives. I have no first hand knowledge of how it works on a CD, though one of the reviewers on newegg says it will work.

The last thing I'd do is roll my own interface.

Reply to
miso