Adding missing SATA connectors to motherboard

You're opening your self up for a big one Graham, get prepared for the aftermath.

"

Reply to
Jamie

The person who can do something is the idiot instead of the one who can't. Keep on telling yourself that if it makes you happy.

No they aren't more difficult when the part is as this is, soldered into plated holes. Exact same procedure. For that matter, just about anything with solder exposed is no different on multi-layer boards, though when something is connected to a power or ground plane it does take a lot more heat.

I was actually being conservative with the prior mention of it being a 20 minute job. It's a 4 minute job, maybe 10 if the solder sucker didn't get enough out of the holes on the first try.

It's not a problem, though it's not a 0.092" PCB either.

It's questionable whether your ability at SMD work is as great as your ego if adding a mere SATA port seems difficult.

Then at some point you stopped learning.

Maybe you're just an idiot then, if you've been trying for so long and still can't do something simple.

Reply to
kony

Ever thought about tracing the local circuitry with a DVM? D'OH!

Especially useful at the unpopulated areas for schematesizing the work in progress. Pretty much leaves out all doubt.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I smack holier than thou retards like you around.

Yeah... you got a whole gang of 'em. Right.

You're an idiot. I'm an engineer, and I also assembled, and still do in large system integrations. I also worked as a technician. I also worked as an engineering technician.

I'd bet that all your technicians know very little about soldering science.

I think that you are a retarded pussy that jacks off at the mouth a lot in Usenet, but would cower irl.

That is one of your problems. You should give the same credence as one would during a face to face meeting, not use some other lame standard because you are in Usenet. You making assessments "based on" a single post tells a lot about how little you must know.

Like I said, fucktard... I smack retarded little asswipes like you around. I know EXACTLY what stupid shitheads like you are about.

Well... Fuck off! How's that, dumbass?

You're pretty stupid for claiming to have a mental age that matches your numerical age.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

It's OK, Retarded Donkey... no one will jump on you any more, now that we all know that it really is senility.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I'll bet you have damaged more boards than you will even ever know. You are too goddamned stupid to even grasp the tasks you are performing or the results of 'your version' of those tasks.

I know, for a fact, that you have damaged the plating on several boards, if your only method is the use of a solder sucker.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I think that your lack of grasp of what adding such a port entails proves it to be more difficult than *you* originally perceived. The fact that you were too stupid to know that it was more than simply adding the connector header is quite a tell. Otherwise, you would not have been in here looking for assistance.

Any kid with half a brain would know how to match a neighboring port's populated parts, AFTER detailing the circuit runs with a meter.

Hell, even someone that had never seen it could get the spec online and have a retard like you beat inside an hour, and could likely fill out 20 boards inside of a day, and no that is not your ram it, cram it, and jam it method. That is cleaned, inspected, and run ready.

So what were you having trouble with that you needed help here? You're a pussy. Jump in there! How many MOBOs did you say you had? Get going on one. Jeez!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

No, YOU are trying. I have succeeded. Hell, I have SATA hot swappable peripheral drives that were easier to implement than the hell you are putting yourself through. By the time you are done, you could put an NAS box on the net, and all your MOBOs suddenly no longer need your stupid retro-fit.

I sure hope you are not drawing a salary for sitting there with your thumb up your ass wondering about buying parts to add an SATA port to a MOBO.

My god, how retarded can your employer be?!!! I have farts floating around the room with more brains than you have.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

No you don't. You would be put in prison for assualt if you did.

No. Just access to a few very good ones.

A good engineer would not make such rash pronouncments before knowing all the facts.

They are all certified (5 day test once a year) and have some kind of sticker at their station.

You are such a "One-trick-pony" A real engineer would have a more creative mind than only being able to come to usenet and deliver one- dimensional insults. A real engineer would be able to slice his opposition with a surgical knife. You use a dull hatchet.

You can type this with a straight face? You call people f&*k-tards every other sentence? what a hoot you are!

No you don't. You would be in prison for asualt if you did that. And certainly be out of work.

There you go again.. Mr. One dimensional!

Great Insult! Try going into the complex plane for a few insults though - ok?

Reply to
bulegoge

Does that mean you have shit for brains ?

Reply to
Jamie

wappable

NAS

ing

You are playing the game on his field. Be more subtle in your insults. He can't compete with you then.

Reply to
bulegoge

Duly noted! :)

Reply to
Jamie

You wouldn't see it coming, and the only evidence of the event you would have are your bruises. I would walk in, greeting everyone the next day, as normal. You would likely not report the places I'd bruise you. Also...

Your word isn't good enough. You need a witness.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Like your "based on your comments here..."? As if you knew ANY facts in this thread.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

You're an idiot. You haven't even seen the technology I work with.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

You're an idiot, fucktard.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

ld

,

You were almost getting off the x-axis. But the gravitational pull is just too great for you to break free of the x-axis (You do remeber x- axis from junior high math? if not I can explain to you)

Reply to
bulegoge

You're the one that said 'Only the best engineers can have an attitude..." Can you really be so retarded that you forgot? I even quoted it!

Is there any space left past that 2.5 inch thick skull where some brain matter might be in active use? Grow the f*ck up already, Mr pussy boy assessment twit.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

e:

ould

ay,

Actually, I think I may have overestimated you. Your insults are more like a point. OK, maybe a very short line segment. Ha ha.

Seriously, dude, I have never seen such a wannabee for a long time.

Reply to
bulegoge

I ALSO know more about fractals and chaos than you do. I know right where a little twit like you resides at in the Mandlebrot set.

Reply to
The Great Attractor