Acer Monitor X233H b.

Hi Can anyone help with schematics of power board for above Monitor. I have got schematics for X233H but this X233H b is completely different. Uses a TL494 IC.

The problem is,the two fluorescents only briefly light twice.

Many thanks

Reply to
T Marshall

I would be looking more at the inverter or maybe one of the fluorescent's being bad than the PSU unless you've verified the PSU is bonked somehow.

Reply to
Meat Plow

thanks for reply. Its the inverter and control section I am trying to check. Every thing else seems to be ok. It did fire up once and display picture OK. looking for circuit to see if I can inhibit error detection Tommy

Reply to
T Marshall

If you are looking for an inverter circuit using the 494 here is a simple circuit that may be some help.

:

Note the feedback loop.

Reply to
Meat Plow

The main switcher and the inverter monitoring are totally separate on every LCD monitor I have worked on. The backlights are fired at full brightness, then the current feedback circuit kicks in to achieve the preset level. If the monitoring chip detects an imbalance between the

2 (3) tube drivers it shuts them down.

Best suggestion: get onto badcaps.net and usually someone there will steer you through this. Circuits are rarely required.

Reply to
who where