Re: pass through headphone jack help needed

> > I hooked up pins 1 and 4 and I now have sound! > > > Dave W is the winner with the solution. Any "Fixit" websites want to > > grab my picture and the contents of this post feel free to do it. > > > Dave, send me your paypal and I will send you the $2. > > > thanks again! > > dd5, > > No need to reward me - my reward is knowing that my efforts have > helped someone else as well as me. > > I have looked for a proper socket on several suppliers including > Farnell and Digi-Key without success. Although I did find a Schurter > one that is panel mounted, with three contacts to tip, ring and > sleeve, that make contact to three other contacts in the absence of > the plug. The one that the sleeve contact contacts could be connected > to the logic, so that it is ground without the plug and open circuit > when the plug is in. However the socket is probably too big to fit in > the space. > > Regards, > Dave W

Yea finding the socket is going to be near impossible. I will live with the speakers it has, it was a garage sale laptop I found real cheap. Thanks for the help it is cool there are people out there that realy know their stuff. This is almost as good as my lcd inverter problem I had and some guy told me to solder some traces together to make my screen work and it did work. It all helps the community which is cool.

dd5240

I have found a downloadable datasheet for our socket. It seems to be the Foxconn JA6033L-L1S0-7F. (Acrobat Reader won't display the pdf file owing to some Chinese characters, but free Foxit Reader does. I can supply a converted file that will display in Acrobat).

There are several distributors, but I doubt if any would sell us just one. The L of L1S0 means lime green, but the black or pink versions would work just as well.

Dave W

Reply to
Dave W