a bios question

Depending on what's wrong with the HD, you might be able to access the other one or two partitions on the HD, though you can't access the XP partition. But the other partitions are hidden, I think.

It would be the old HD that had the restore partition. I'm told in the Dell group that this partition can be copied too, which is not surprising, but I'm guessing you have to first unhide it. And you can't do that with the Storage Management software in XP afaik but you can with 3rd-party software, like Partition Magic 8, Paragon free and Easeus free Partition Manager, though the latter and maybe Paragon will ruin a win98 partition if you try to change its size, even when runnning under XP.

However all restore will do is put it back the way the factory shipped it. Did it have special features that XP from MS doesn't have. If

Is this a laptop that requires special drivers. Can you dl them from emachine?

If it has nothing special and you can get the drivers, you can use a retail XP CD but use the Product Key from this computer.

But better yet, see Michael Terrell's first post. I think if you use an emachine DVD, you don't need to know the product key. At least I think that is true for Dell, so I'm guessing it's the same.

I haven't read the rest.

Reply to
mm

And if a CRT tv doesn't have a picture, it's not likely to be he picture tube. even though everyone I dealt with thought it was.

Reply to
mm

I wouldn't use Google Groups at work, unless the boss wanted some information and was standing there waiting. People are paid to work, not troll newsgroups.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

She said if you were bored why even respond and maybe she's the boss. Do you do any thinking outside the box?

Reply to
Bob Villa

What box? I drove the engineers nuts at my lt job because I questioned their designs. I pissed of a lot of my coworkers because I worked harder than they did, and some of my ideas made it into space.

How's that home repair group working for you?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I think we have all heard that many times. If you were half as smart as you think...you wouldn't have bothered to respond, would you? You remind me of another anal retentive engineer BillW50. God checks- in with him also...when He's stumped!

Reply to
Bob Villa

Don't you have a plugged up toilet calling for your expert help?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm working on it...but your immense head won't pass.

Reply to
Bob Villa

If you're the same "Michael A. Terrell, Jr." that works for Chrysler I pity you if your bosses see how immature you are in your responses here. This surely applies to you.."I=92m a strong relationship builder with solid leadership skills." From your LinkedIn.

Reply to
Bob Villa

If you think it's me, tell Chrysler about it. Of course, if you actually knew anything about computers you would know what part of the county I'm in, junior.

I see your search skill suck, too. Typical of a low grade troll, who brags about doing substandard repairs.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's what your mother was screaming, just before the doctor used a

36" pipe wrench to pull your sorry ass out of her. Too bad about your brain damage, troll.
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

s-

p?

, who

How about Deland,Fla? Like there is any skill involved, Mr, Infantile!

Reply to
Bob Villa