Where to get blob board?

I need to replenish my supply of blob board (see e.g. ).

I used to get them from a guy on eBay who called himself BoardWorx, but he isn't there anymore.

I could lay out some of my own, but I'd rather buy them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Maybe he saw your picture? and decided to just give up on the whole thing!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Bellin?

But I agree with Win, you should be sent to breadboard boot camp.

Reply to
jlarkin

Everybody's a critic.

That's a 12-GHz pHEMT cascoded by a 45-GHz SiGe:C NPN. Size matters.

The visible circuitry is all biasing and stuff.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

fredag den 13. september 2019 kl. 17.31.42 UTC+2 skrev Phil Hobbs:

it'll probably take 10 minutes to layout and JLPCB will do 5pcs 100x100mm boards for $2

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Haha, I'm sure Phil can show us nice SMT examples.

But I'm wondering about good pad size / spacing for SMT projects. 0.65mm pads with 0.95mm spacing handles SOT-23, but we also need 0.5mm spacing.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Someone I worked with used to refer to these as 3D RF structures, mostly because he could have used them as a Theremin.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 2,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

I've seen a number of very pretty-built prototypes (maybe even built a few myself) that don't work worth a damn because current cares about loop area not winning the beauty pageant!!!

Reply to
bitrex

Take your pick:

Although a lot of them are non-stock so you'll have to wait a bit for the finer pitched kind, by the looks of it. I'm sure there are better sources. Adafruit or Sparkfun may stock them?

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Design Website:

Tim Williams

The stuff I've been using is 0.5 x 0.65 mm, which works pretty well.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The only ones in stock are 0.1 inch pitch.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

REALLY! I mean, I've made some crappy looking breadboard monstrocities, but my EYES still hurt after that one!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Looks okay to me for a proto. The ebay guy went out of business because somebody better and probably bigger jumped in the game at a cheaper price point.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

These guys might have something that will work. I have not searched their site in a while

Chisolm
Texas-American
Reply to
Joe Chisolm

Element 14 (used to be Farnell/Newark) seems to have lots. They call them "matrix boards". Here's one example.

There seem to be 52 others, all with holes for leaded components.

Throwing "smd" into the search string produced 70 items. Here's one of them.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
Bill Sloman

How about coming up with a proto type board with an area for bias circuits and an area for RF circuits with some test points for at least the bias circuits.

And then license the design to someone to sell your prototype boards. It does not eliminate your having to layout a board, but it might pay for the annoyance. And you get some boards that hopefully are better than anything on the current market.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Agreed. Puts *my* efforts to shame! :-D