90 or 110 degree TV

For a 28 inch screen how do you tell from measuring whether it is 90 or 110 degree type if not marked on the back of the CRT ? I'm sure the hold hands just look and say but I don't usually repair TVs

Reply to
N Cook

Measure the angle between the start of the CRT neck and the edge of each side of the tube. Usually the angle will be part of the CRT part number too.

Reply to
James Sweet

"N Cook" wrote in news:f9c0vj$jgg$ snipped-for-privacy@inews.gazeta.pl:

Measure the width and the depth. High-school triginometry will figure out the degree.

Reply to
Gary Tait

There is still a yoke on this one. Is depth from dead centre middle of front of screen to the most forward part of the yoke or to middle of yoke? And is it true horizontal width or the diagonal "width" ?

N Cook

It's from wherever the beam is deflected on that particular tube, the available angles are far enough apart that it shouldn't really matter where you measure from, anywhere on the neck should get you close enough.

Reply to
James Sweet