42A WG/ 47 SWG coil winding

I successfully wound my first 0.05mm wire guitar pickup rewind, but one curiosity- anyone know the reason?

This sort of rewind needs winding on a demountable former and transfering, as a hank of wire, into a trough. On demounting, there is a distinct banana shaped bowing to the hank. All I can think , there must be a twist in the wire on the spool or some bias on left hand traverse versus RH traverse. Despite pulling the wire off the supply spool tangentially rather than axially.

Reply to
N_Cook

I just thought of another possibility. For this sort of very fine wire, instead of a final delivery pulley I use a tiny PTFE lump on a small bar. A hole in the PTFE squashed to form a sub-mm slot. Then a 15 foot run back to the spool (and a light felt slip clutch) to allow for any snatching. Because of room arrangement , to get a 15 foot run , the winder and so PTFE is set at an angle of 25 or 30 degrees rather than straight for-aft. Perhaps that puts a set on the wire.

Reply to
N_Cook