36" RCA T.V.

T.V. works fine, but has minor noise in pix. It takes time for it to show up, but gets no worse, & comes & goes. You have to look close to see it! Looks like noise in the horizontal, throughout the whole pix, the words on info channels quiver, ever so slightly. I can't see it on my scope. It's an ATC113CA1. Anyone see this? Dani.

Reply to
Dani

T.V. works fine, but has minor noise in pix. It takes time for it to show up, but gets no worse, & comes & goes. You have to look close to see it! Looks like noise in the horizontal, throughout the whole pix, the words on info channels quiver, ever so slightly. No bad connections in the horizontal drive/output area, @ the flyback, or in the PWM power supply. I can't see it on my scope. It's an ATC113CA1. Anyone see this? Dani.

Reply to
Dani

Dani,

I saw like this twice and it was the G2 or focus pot arcing on bad spot. Scope the G2 with volts/div low enough to see the noise or spikes, or vibrates, you got it.

Also just in case, replace CRT socket or the G2 blue or yellow disc cap but this only make this overall brightness flicker. My eye is sensitive to that kind. Other techs/boss don't notice.

The fix was new fly.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.