27GT622 GE Television PIP problems

I have this TV, a GE 27GT622, it is about 6 years old and I have my home theater receiver switching all inputs, Cable, DVD and VCR. This is connected to the TV via S-Video. I have the speakers muted as I have surround speakers but do have the audio hooked up and working. I have my Cable is also connected via coax to the television.

The Problem:

When I bring up PIP the main screen is blank and the PIP shows the coax signal. I am guessing that the PIP is not using the S-Video signal. When I bring up the PIP on the top right I see Video 00 PIP 35.(channel selected from coax) I think Video should say S-Video instead. When I hit swap the coax signal becomes main picture and the PIP becomes a distorted snapshot of the picture that was in the PIP when I hit swap.

Is there a way to get my PIP to use the S-Video? I have the manuals, the Connections Guide and the TV User's Guide. Neither of them mention how to get PIP to work with the S-Video.

Any suggestions welcome.

fybar

Reply to
fybar

A chassis number (CTC-???) would help. 1999, I am guessing

190's-200's.

First question...did it ever work correctly? If so, the EEPROM may require reprogramming, as a guess. If not, something in the settings may be the problem, or it still could possibly be the EEPROM. It may be something other than this, of course.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Tom MacIntyre wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks for the reply Tom, CTC187AJ

The PIP worked properly when I had a vcr connected to the composite connections and the cable via coax. The use of the S-Video is quite recent. Should the PIP automagically sense the use of comp vs. S-Video?

fybar

Reply to
fybar

I don't know for sure...is there anything still connected to the composite video inputs?

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Tom MacIntyre wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

the

Video?

Sorry about the slow reply, I have been on the road. No, there is nothing on the composite video. Do you have any other suggestions?

fybar

Reply to
fybar

Check here...see if anything fits. If not, you may need a technician to look at it.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre