VCR GE VTH601

Hi All

I have a 7yo GE VTH601 VCR which was working fine until yesterday.

I played a tape the night before with no problems. When I went to eject it in the morning nothing happened. Then, after a few seconds, the green "on" LED was replaced by red.

I turned it on again, the tape will not play, rewind, fast forward or eject. Nor do I hear the usual motor noises which precede any of those functions normally.

Is there any way to remove the tape without disassembly?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, Alan, Australia

Reply to
Alan S