Subject Author Posted Replies

Semi OT, drip coffee makers
I brew a pot of coffee every morning. (electric) Drip coffee makers last about 6-12 months, before something goes bad. Often I can take 'em apart and find the bad bit. This limps them along for...
41
41

Hella LED switches
Is wiring a Hella/Amazon switch to light power on to ground possible without using a relay ?
24
24

Drive shaft coupler for oscilloscope controls
Hi I have a Hameg HM-408 scope that uses extended shafts to go from the front panel to the switch / pots mounted inboard on the PCBs. These shafts are 2mm dia and the switches / pots are 4mm dia and...
5
5

Suggest good free news reader?
I retired last fall and this computer does not support my old Windoze Mail news reader. Can someone suggest a good free reader? I understand Free Agent is no longer "free". For the moment I'm slumming...
20
20

Using a Thermal Gun / Infrared Thermometer for electronics
I have a friend who is an auto mechanic. He said that his shop recently bought a Thermal Gun, also called an Infared thermometer. He said it's quite handy, where it will detect coolant leaks,...
23
23

*BANG!* Done it again!
I was winding up one of my old HP spectrum analysers (my best one, as it happens, been sitting around unused for years) on the variac yesterday. Got to about 170VAC from 60 over several hours and just...
20
20

What is this mains connector for?
Hey, I got a bunch of stuff at a bankruptcy sale a few weeks ago. One of the items was a HP audio oscillator with an unknown (to me) type of mains socket. Heres a picture of one of the same type: I...
10
10

LED VU meter problem
I have a commercial mid 1980s solid state stereo preamp/mixer, which has a dual LED Bar Meter. (about 6 green on the bottom, two yellow above that, and a red on the top). The preamp/mixer works well,...
2
2

Can I use Pizeo Tweeters, or????
I have an older pair of Fisher 3 Way Speakers. They are good speakers, except on of the tweeters is blown and sounds horrid. Fisher is out of business, so I cant buy an original replacement tweeter. I...
11
11

(OT) What are these changable pictures called?
This is completely off topic, but maybe someone will know the answer. Last summer at a fair, they were selling these pictures that change as you walk past them. For example. looking straight on, you...
5
5

Sencore SG-165
Looking for a Sencore SG-165, dead or alive!
1
1

ribbon cable needed .. bose wave radio
need a ribbon cable for display board, wave radio AWR1-1W .. jim
3
3

WD-40 to clean electric contacts?
WD-40 to clean electric contacts? I'm on vacation and renting a room, and my landlady has a combination CD/Radio/Cassette?, very compact, portable, works well except fo the little on/off/CD slide...
145
145

Static discharge and thumbstick data?
Not deliberately putting a data-stick in the path of a discharge, but cannot rule out the possibility of a casual situation like that. Removing nylon/polyester clothing , hearing daytime and seeing...
3
3

Bedbugs In A Laptop, How High Temp ?
This is all I got, I cannot afford a new one. I can't work because of my ey esight but it isn't quite enough to give me disability, even though I would not be able to run a cash register now. Anyway,...
26
26