What are popular new uC development kits?

Why do I ask? Because Ive been away from microcontrollers for a few years and just dont know what is current or popular these days.

My favorite architecture is the MCS-51

But to get up to speed, a person needs SW development tools, some hardware to program the uC, and a proto board.

Are there kits that will do some schematic capture and simulation around the uC, so that a person could quickly throw a design out, test it, then get circuit boards made?

Right now Ive got limited design tools, one from Intel thats machine code level, a Keil C compiler eval CD, but must use wire wrap to build a proto system, connect a logic analyzer, fill an eprom with machine code, and see what happens. There has to be a better way.

Reply to
Bradley1234

Can I ask why is the MCS-51 your favorite? I'm trying to think of a project to do, to tinker with during lunch breaks. What would you consider of doing w/ a 8052 and a 8255? I have some 8255's & 8052's and I'm looking for Tiny Basic? I can't decide if I want to use an BASIC interpreter or a C compiler.

thanks Ed

Reply to
EN