USB communications

I'm an newbee with USB communication (at least with microcontrollers). I want to created a device which can be connected to the PC through USB. The Microchip 18F2550 seems to be able to do this. However I cannot find any good documentation on the (external) hardware requirements for this. Do I just need the external pull-ups (maybe not with the internal activated) and then connect the D+ and D- to the USB port (some resistor as descriped in the datasheets for power and detection added if needed)???

Does anyone have a code example for the microcontroller and/or the PC???

ThanX in Advance

Alexander

Reply to
Alexander

The

with

(some

I played around with the 16C745 (UV erasable windowed version!!) which supports USB 1.1 (Mainly because the 17F2550 wasn't in production). I got it to work as a HID (human interface device) with the PC. There are a few examples available on the net. Have a search for PICCALC and 16F745. Also, both circuit cellar and elector have examples. Oh, and microchip.

I may have a play now the 18F version is available - if you manage to get anything working, I'd be very interested.

HTH

Mike.

Reply to
NewsGroup

El Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:55:38 +1000, NewsGroup escribió:

test test

Reply to
martin