experience with USB osiclloscopes?

Has anyone bought one of the PicoScope USB-based oscilloscopes? I was looking at the model 3206. Is this a good unit? Does the company provide everything they claim they will?

Thanks for any insight....

Dave

Reply to
starfire

Are you sure that 8 bit resolution is going to OK?

Anyway, there are other models with different specs so any shortcomings will be down to the purchaser ordering the wrong model or not appreciating the specifications.

HTH

--
Graham W   http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial
WIMBORNE   http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website

I couldn't find anything else out there after doing an extensive web search with higher bit resolution and still providing a wide enough bandwidth (I need at least 200MHz) while still being within reason for cost. 8-bits seems to be the norm for high-speed (that's reasonable). The other functionality of the package (bullt-in spectrum analysis and function generator) of the 3206 makes this a pretty good value for the cost. To be sure, there are a lot of 10 and 12-bit resolution PC scopes but their bandwidths are usually about 50MHz or less.

Thanks.

Reply to
starfire

Personally, I prefer the non USB types that requires a PC/Laptop to operate. Most Hand held or desktop Digital's have the option of sending the capture data to the PC/ I bought not to along ago a cheap chinese knock off that works very nice for the price.. 20 Mhz dual scope (color), with DMM, separate inputs with isolation between all inputs. I paid under 500 for it. I think they have also a 60 Mhz version.. this comes with carry case, real probes, divider block etc.. It's your choice.. I did see a post once about a USB scope and the user wasn't happy. I can't say if it was the same model how ever, they did complain about jitter and lag..

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

ide

500 sounds expensive. I made my own for =A320 in components and a couple of hours to write the software.
Reply to
Marra

Marra wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

Care to sell it? :)

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

When you're looking at USB scopes be sure that you look also at the single-shot sample rate and not only the "equivalent" rate that they may give for repetitive events. The single-shot bandwidth for reasonable reproduction of the signal is about one tenth of the single-shot rate.

Reply to
Rich Webb

for 20 Mhz dual trace? I'd like to see that.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

If it's anything like your PCB design software, it'd be fair to say that it's lacking a lot of functionality that those £500 units provide, yes?

There are a *lot* of "toy" USB oscilloscopes out there...

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Hi

Is there any digital to analog converter that would have a minimum sampling rate of 500 khz and that can be directly connect to a Pc computer USB input ?

Thank

Gaetan

Reply to
Gaetan Mailloux

t it's

No.

You would need to buy a USB scope and PC software.

The alternative is getting into microcontrollers, USB and PC software.

Reply to
Marra

Hi

I found a web site using a Pic but it's seem hard to program it.

Here's the link;

Gaetan

Reply to
Gaetan Mailloux