USB communication hung

I am using ISP1582 USB device controller. I have connected TYPE-B connecor. I have used BLM21P220 inductor in between USB ground and board ground.

I have also placed another BLM21P220 at sheild and board ground.

Whenever I remove or plugin Laptop power supply while communication is going on inbetween laptop and board, USB communication is hanging.

Following things I observed

1) when I remove or plug in the power cord spike is generated. this spike can be seen on the osciloscope.

2) when I connect the USB analyzer it is saying SUSPEND.

3) If I removed both the BLM21P220 inductor then the USB communication hang problem resolved.

Could you please tell me why USB cmmunication is not hanging after ferrite bead BLM21P220 is removed?

I have used them for noise isolation from Board to Laptop. But when I used them on 1st spike the USB communication hangs.

How I can handle this problem? Is there any software way to resolve this issue?

Reply to
mahesh.himane

In the simple word USB communication hangs along with BLM when spike come. When I remove BLM from ground connection spike does not affect. What was the reason?

spike

ferrite

used

Reply to