question: the use of JTAG on ATMEL ATmega2560 cpu

I use a MCU card with ATMEGA2560 Microcontroller from

Now I connected my JTAG programmer to this board, my jtag programmer is a E-lab programmer:

I connected the TMS, TCK, /RESET, TDO, TDI, VCC and GND from the programmer to the ATmega2560. I send +5Volt from the programmer to the CPU, the programmers is JTAG enabled using the E-lab programmer software.

My problem is that the programmer does not find the CPU. Even if I try the SPI bus, the programmer can not find the cpu.

I do not know if any other signals must be in special state in order to enable the jtag. For example, on a ATmega128, the PEN pin must be connected to VCC. Is there something.

Posting a schematic of a ATmega2560 with Jtag interface would help me.

Regards, Mega lover

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to