using extra eeprom space

Hi, I have a design using a spartanIIE and a xcs02f configuration eeprom. The eeprom is 89% full (apparently it will always be that way even if I have a larger design). I wonder if the fpga can use the extra 11% to store and read data. I only need to store something like 10 bytes of data before the fpga is powered off, and reading it back upon power up.

Rgds Dave

Reply to
Dave

How will you erase what is in the EEPROM without erasing it all? Some EEPROMS have that capability, many don't. Any logic controlling this must be outside the FPGA so the FPGA can configure itself on power on.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson