PIC PWM control

Hi there.. I need to use PIC to generate PWM. What type of PIC is the best? Can anybody give example to generate PWM using PIC and to control the duty cycle using external device ( buttons, rheostat, etc) in real-time. Thanks and i really appreciate for all repliers.

Reply to
hafiz

Did you have a look at application note 2N-1 at the microchip website ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Dunno. Think maybe one of these 1,060 links could help?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich, Under the Affluence

Not really. I'd say the normal answer in elctronics, is the smallest that has all the features wanted. The thing is that with the PIC, there are a variety of different PWM implementations offered. The simplest offers just a normal PWM, but many of the latter devices now implement the signals needed for H-Bridge operation. Also for a really simple PWM appliation, even a chip with no PWM at all may be useable, if nothing much else is needed, with the advantage of not needing an external oscillator on many of these chips.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

< snip >

Isn't the usual answer, the biggest is best ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear