With arrival of Ubuntu Phone why should you buy a second rate Andoid or Appile pone?

With arrival of Ubuntu Phone why should you buy a second rate Andoid or Appile pone?

I just don't get it.

With the superior Ubuntu phone why would anyone want to buy another
NSA troll infected Andoid or Appile or Windopws pone?

Everything about the Ubuntu Phone is superior.

For developers its the next best thing since sliced bread.
You would no longer have to hold a phone or use it in
order to build apps for Ubuntu phone.
All the apps are moved to the server.

All you would do now is set up a home web server,
or purchase a virtual server, or for some less well
developed software, puchase web server space,
and then write your software to run on the server,
and then with the web server interfaces on ubuntu phone, log into
it from the Ubuntu Phone, and voila you have your
app and customers lined up.

If people find your server app useful, they will be
queuing to use your server and if you built it
on open source projects like Ubuntu server,
apache, php, mysql, gambas, python, c/c++ and so
on, you can expand from day 1 to build new empires.

Clearly there is no need to build a lot of apps for your phone
any more!

Re: With arrival of Ubuntu Phone why should you buy a second rate Andoid or Appile pone?
On 2/20/15, 1:18 PM, in article 3EMFw.817740$ snipped-for-privacy@fx16.am, "7"

Please take a basic English class.

--
* Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu:     <
http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE

http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE

* Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs?     <
http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA

http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA

Re: With arrival of Ubuntu Phone why should you buy a second rate Andoid or Appile pone?

You don't understand.  He's trying to type that in on one of those stupid
phone keyboards.

Re: With arrival of Ubuntu Phone why should you buy a second rate Andoid or Appile pone?

You don't understand. He's stupid.

^^ there fixed it for ya :)

Re: With arrival of Ubuntu Phone why should you buy a second rate Andoid or Appile pone?

Not surprisingly. Your universal stupidity has been noticed by all.

So you admit that Android is infested by NSA trolls. Interesting.
However, people use Android and iPhone because there's software
available for both.

Except the boot-up time, the software selection, the battery life, the
resolution, the bundled features and the stability of the system.

If you don't need to hold or use the phone to build apps, what's the
point of even having the phone?

Why have responsive, elegant and stable apps if you can rely on a slow
web connection?

--
Slimer
OpenMedia, GreenPeace Supporter & SPCA Paw Partner

Re: With arrival of Ubuntu Phone why should you buy a second rate Andoid or Appile pone?

I'm sorry, yet the current Ubuntu Phone is far from superior IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I am a dedicated Ubuntu tester, bug reporter and end
user supporter, since 2007 (The Feisty Fawn (7.04) release).

To the contrary IMO. The current Ubuntu Phone model disappoints for a
number of reasons IMO.

* 4.5in qHD screen (540 x 960) - pathetic;
* 1 GB RAM.

[snip the rest]

Ubuntu failed to deliver their vaporware, because where is the "Desktop
PC in your pocket" they where crowing about?

I'm currently using a cheap Huawei Ascend G700 Android phone, with
better specs that the current Ubuntu model.

I run Debian GNU/Linux "Weezy" on top of Android, installed with Linux
Deploy. There is the "Desktop PC in my pocket" which Ubuntu failed to
deliver.

Greetings,
--
Marti van Lin (alias ML2MST)
Linux ubuntu-desktop 3.13.0-45-lowlatency #74-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Tue Jan

Judging by the hardware may be?
I judge by the underlying technological superiority.l
I'll wait for a decent converted phablet before I judge it on hardware.

Like these that should run on Ubuntu and work well on Ubuntu phone?

http://eyeos.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i7qrrgOMwY
OpenWebOS
http://www.zeropc.com/

Plenty of others - just need to customise one to run Ubuntu OS

I got better kits than that if hardware is important.
http://www.geekbuying.com - tons of cheap phablets

Delayed - but not failed.

Re: With arrival of Ubuntu Phone why should you buy a second rate Andoid or Appile pone?

You horrible lying wintroll. Don't you know that all current iOS and
Android users have already purposely thrown their phones into the toilet
and broken their cell phone contracts to get an Ubuntu phone? Why else
would the phone be selling trillions of unit per day, EVERY DAY?

--
Slimer
OpenMedia, GreenPeace Supporter & SPCA Paw Partner

Site Timeline