Wanted: Linux embedded module w/ RS232 and ethernet

Hello everybody,

can somebody suggest me a embedded linux module with RS232 and Ethernet interfaces? Not much more is needed.

The RS232 interace is used to attach a GPRS modem module.

I want to use one of the following configurations:

1 - FTP server for the ethernet side, upload then via GPRS to another FTP server

or:

2 - daemon that loads a FTP file from the ethernet side and then uploads it via GPRS

As you see, that should be a EthernetRS232 gateway for a ethernet client that doesn't understand PPP.

I searched on linuxdevices.com and google but simply can't find a device simple and cheap enough to match my needs. There are too many out there...

Thanks for any response! Udo

Reply to
Udo Giacomozzi

Udo Giacomozzi wrote in news:Xns957373DB2F975udonewnovasysnet@216.196.109.145:

Just to make it clear: I just need a linux embedded module with a linux system pre-installed. The application software would be written by me...

Udo

Reply to
Udo Giacomozzi

Udo Giacomozzi wrote: : Udo Giacomozzi wrote in : news:Xns957373DB2F975udonewnovasysnet@216.196.109.145: :> can somebody suggest me a embedded linux module with RS232 and :> Ethernet interfaces? Not much more is needed. : : Just to make it clear: I just need a linux embedded module with a linux : system pre-installed. The application software would be written by me...

  Never ever underestimate the power of human stupidity.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Geir Frode Raanes Sørensen

Rob

--
Robert Kaiser                     email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT com
SYSGO AG                          http://www.elinos.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Robert Kaiser

Perhaps the linksys routers are something for you.

Cant find it right now, but I seem to recall that 2*RS232 was available on the inside of the box, not as external connectors.

Joop

Reply to
Joop

Hi Udo,

Lantronix has a small RS-232 Ethernet Converter which has almost the size of a RJ-45 connector, called XPort

Important: You don't need to care about the kernel, the compiler and so on. I think it's a good solution if You don't have a big amount of data to transfer.

I know that there is also a similiar solution including a Net+Arm chip, which is completely user-programmable (except bootloader).

I hope this helps,

Michael

Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

--
Notice: If You want to send me an E-Mail please remove the abc and xyz
from my address.

Digi ConnectME, also now available in a WiFi version.

Bob McConnell N2SPP

Reply to
Bob McConnell

On the WRT54G V2 there is 2 ttl level Serial ports inside , all you need to add is the MAX232 (233) , they are on pcb board on an unpopulated plug , 2x5 pins like a jtag plug (needs to be soldered in also).

It contains a 200Mhz MIPS , but no means of interfacing a disk or Flashcard

Carsten

Reply to
Carsten

Another solution would be the "ARM Industrial Module AIM 711", which is running eCos as OS. It has one ethernet and a serial interface.

Look at

for further informations.

Best regards, Roland

Reply to