USB device that supports Embedded Linux

I want to make a USB ethernet device... where can I find resources as
to programmable USB devices that can be purchased for prototyping... I
dont want just the USB chip... is there some manufacturer that makes a
full insertable USB device that Embedded Linux is known to work on?  If
so which ones are reccomended?

Thanks
Lyle

Re: USB device that supports Embedded Linux
Quite a number of small microcontrollers have onboard USB client and
ethernet controllers nowdays.
You can run uClinux on a lot of the intel IXP42x series quite painlessly.
There are many others you can find.
You can get manufactured USB->Ethernet converters, but I doubt they'd have
full processors inside - buy a cheap one and open it up perhaps ?

regards,

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     snipped-for-privacy@snapgear.com