upgrade cramfs root file system while running

i have a cramfs image, which is my rootfs(/ partition) on flash. i found some discussions which say that upgrading it while mounted was prone to errors. however if i am doing the upgrade only in my shutdown scripts (so that most applications are killed by this time) like this: mount -o loop -t cramfs rootfs.img /tmp/somedir eraseall /dev/mtd2 cp rootfs.img /dev/mtd2 export PATH=/tmp/somedir/bin:/tmp/somedir/sbin... export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/somedir/lib reboot is there anything that could go wrong? All further programs(with their libs) should be executed from the loop mounted rootfs. or else can i do something like mount -o loop ... cd /tmp/somedir pivot_root . tmp eraseall, copy reboot Since i am upgrading just before reboot only these scripts would be running. Is there a risk in either/both of these methods.

Thanks Ganesh

Reply to
None