File system access

Hi folks, I am working on a particular concept for which I woule appreciate inputs from knowledgeable people. I have a computer A, and have a device B running an embedded software (say linux ) B can be plugged in to A ( lets say through USB).Is is possible for B to access hard disk/ cdrom etc on A directly ? ( By directly, I mean without using a device driver on A). I want to access A's HDD bypassing the OS running on A. Can this be done? if so , how ?

Reply to
sudeep

i think you'd better running a server on A, then running a client on B, B accessed A by usb. and the A server program access hardware directly,but not B access the hardware of A.

Reply to
kugle