File system access

Hi folks,
     I am working on a particular concept for which I woule appreciate
inputs from knowledgeable people.
I have a computer A, and have a device B running an embedded software
(say linux )
B can be plugged in to A ( lets say through USB).Is is possible for B
to access hard disk/ cdrom etc on A directly ? ( By directly, I mean
without using a device driver on A). I want to access A's HDD
bypassing the OS running on A.
Can this be done? if so , how ?

Re: File system access
i think you'd better running a server on A, then running a client on B, B
accessed A by usb.
and the A server program access hardware directly,but not B access the
hardware of A.