filesystem - cramfs with tmpfs

Hi, Im trying to get a cramfs working for my embedded system. I have built a cramfs image using mkcramfs commond. I have flahsed the cramfs at 0x240000 on my flash.

my boot options are setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200n8 noinitrd root=/dev/mtdblock3 rootfstype=cramfs

But when i boot the kernel its unable to find the filesystem. i get the message VFS: No root yet, retrying to mount root on mtdblock3 (unknown-block(31,3)) VFS: No root yet, retrying to mount root on mtdblock3 (unknown-block(31,3)) VFS: No root yet, retrying to mount root on mtdblock3 (unknown-block(31,3)) VFS: No root yet, retrying to mount root on mtdblock3 (unknown-block(31,3)) VFS: No root yet, retrying to mount root on mtdblock3 (unknown-block(31,3)) VFS: No root yet, retrying to mount root on mtdblock3 (unknown-block(31,3)) VFS: Cannot open root device "mtdblock3" or unknown-block(31,3) Please append a correct "root=" boot option

I have tested my /dev/mtdblock3 - i used nfs to mount this and checked the filesystem contents - its wortking.

Im trying to use tmpfs with cramfs.

am i missing something?.

Regards, sriram

Reply to