Support Chinese display without X

Hi,

We are developing a Chinese application on a arm based embedded linux system, and we are thining about using zhcon to support Chinese display ( Chinese inputing is not required ).

The screen is a mono LED which are supported by the OS as a normal console/terminal hence transparent to application.

But I heard that zhcon does *not* support terminal without color capacity. I can not understand that and hope I can get your confirmation about if or no it is true. If true, what do we do? Is there any other method to help our project?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Steven Woody

Or, can you suggest me where to post?

Reply to
Steven Woody

How many characters are you planning on showing? I think LCD with build in controller might be easier.

Reply to
linnix

There are about 50 different screens and about 50 Chinese characters in one screen. What you mean LCD with build in controller? Our project have already decided on a LCD which is supported by ARM ( I mean there is a linux driver for it, so it appears as a normal display/ terminal in Linux ).

Regards, narke

Reply to
Steven Woody