SmartPhones, PDA application processors interfaces

Hi, My company is developing a product that will be integrated into smartphones and PDAs. We are in the process of deciding whether to use UART, or I2C, or SPI for interfacing to the Application processor. The speed requirements are about 56K bits per seconds, which all the three can support. The difficulty in choosing arises because it is very hard to get any schematics of any products in the market, and hence we are unaware if we can get any dedicated port for us.

Kaushik

mr snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Kaushik

You're developing an invisible smartphone peripheral, and you don't already have a partner? Interesting way of doing things. By the time you come to market you may find your feature is already implemented in software on your target devices.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards