Stupid question from a very beginner...

Hi,

I am at the very beginning and I wish to start developing some applications on Linux. Let's say Linux and not uC linux at the moment...

I saw in the past, a PPC card, running the boot loader ( Like Denx for instance) Then... nothing ! As far as I know, you can mount your file system, locally on your PC for development..

OK.. let's say the development is done

1) How can I flash it my flash system ? ( should it be something like an FTP ? 2) would it be the Bootloader, which will tell me to download the filesystem ?? 3) How can I create a BIN file of this filesystem ? ( I am thinking about products, which upgrade their firmware with BIN files... How the system works ?? 4) Is the BIN file a TGZ file for instance ?

Thanks and regards,

Reply to
Steve