linux for PXA255 platform

Hi,

I have a development kit from voipac and I tryed to build the linux kernel. The most important was to run the linux from RAM not flash. I built the system and loaded to the kit. Everything was OK and the system started but the root filesystem was taken from flash. I would like to build the kernel with ramdisk but I don't know how to do it for this processor. I will be greatefull for suggestions.

regards Jacek

Reply to
Jacek

it does not depend which cpu you use, just switch on the ramdisk in the kernelconfig. but use a good bootloader and the newest possible kernel! in the past (especially 2.4.19...) there where nasty bugs with ramdisk and pxa255. best would be u-boot & 2.6.14...

Reply to
M.Kmann