Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- ssv MCF5280 boards & uClinux
- Sagaert Johan
April 6, 2005, 8:45 pm
rate this thread
Re: ssv MCF5280 boards & uClinux
No Linux / µCLinux can _guarantee_ to meet any timing (hard real time).
This is not what Linux is made for. You only can bet on a certain (high)
likelihood that your cycles will occur with their 100msec window (soft
If you need hard real time you can add RTAI to Linux (and AFAIK to
µCLinux as well).
- » RT-Java under linux good for embedded development?
- — Previous thread in » Embedded Linux
- » Crosscompiling for ARM: reloc type R_ARM_ABS32 is not supported for PIC - ...
- — Newest thread in » Embedded Linux
- » Israel sees 60% drop in hospitalizations for age 60-plus 3 weeks after 1st shot
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design