ssv MCF5280 boards & uClinux

Hi

I plan to use a board with uClinux installed.

How stable is uClinux ?
How easy is it to debug ?

Anyone who would avoid the use of uClinux ?

I need to port an old 8051 app to this platform.
I need a 100ms cyclic thread ,and use serial comm.

Johan

Re: ssv MCF5280 boards & uClinux

No Linux / µCLinux can _guarantee_ to meet any timing (hard real time).
This is not what Linux is made for. You only can bet on a certain (high)
likelihood that your cycles will occur with their 100msec window (soft
real time).

If you need hard real time you can add RTAI to Linux (and AFAIK to
µCLinux as well).

-Michael

Site Timeline