Recommand ARM Emulator / Demo board

Hi,

Do you have any recommendation about the ARM Demo Board supporting :

  1. Linux or uCLinux
  2. Support OS download without JTAG . I mean just using USB/RS232 for firmware/OS upgrade
  3. Stable and easy to use and debug.

May you advise me.

Thanks,

Ma

Reply to
Ma, Derek

I've tested a Cirrus Logic evaluation board, EDB9307. It works very fine with a linux kernel 2.4.x, ready to use. The firmware may be updated via RS232.

Gabriele.

Reply to
Gabriele Brugnoni

I can't find the pricing info. Can you let me know how much it cost? Thanks, Derek

"Gabriele Brugn>

Reply to
Ma, Derek

I really don't known. Our distributor in Italy give us the board for 3 months. I've an old quotation of 925US$ (First quarter of 2005).

Bye Gabriele

Reply to
Gabriele Brugnoni

What about these

guys. Their unikit DIP might be ideal for a small project. I saw it demoed at a show recently. Its a bare bones board but nice and simple.

For Linux/uClinus development, their $180 Unikit might me what you want. It includes a simple JTAG debugger.

These guys build good kit and are committed to ARM technology. Their founder used to work for ARM > Hi,

Reply to
gordy

: > : > Do you have any recommendation about the ARM Demo Board supporting : : > : > 1. Linux or uCLinux : > 2. Support OS download without JTAG . I mean just using USB/RS232 for : > firmware/OS upgrade : > 3. Stable and easy to use and debug. : >

: I've tested a Cirrus Logic evaluation board, EDB9307. : It works very fine with a linux kernel 2.4.x, ready to use. : The firmware may be updated via RS232.

based on EDB9307 or similar I believe. Is cheap, boots linux, no extras need for dev other than a computer and cross-compile tools. All tools sets provided by supplier for free.

No connection with them other than a satisfied customer.

Jim

J Jackson

Look for something based on the Atmel AT91RM9200. It can run full Linux. I have seen boards based on this device for as little as US$350.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Look at

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

check out

They have a platform based on Intel XSCALE IXP425 which gives you plenty of power for networking stuff. Their bootloader (based on Redboot) uses tftp to download new software images which is much faster than downloading through RS232.

It's under $300.

Andrew

Reply to
slot1