Recommand ARM Emulator / Demo board

Do you have any recommendation about the ARM Demo Board supporting :

1. Linux or uCLinux
2. Support OS download without JTAG . I mean just using USB/RS232 for
firmware/OS upgrade
3. Stable and easy to use and debug.

May you advise me.

Thanks,

Ma

Re: Recommand ARM Emulator / Demo board

I've tested a Cirrus Logic evaluation board, EDB9307.
It works very fine with a linux kernel 2.4.x, ready to use.
The firmware may be updated via RS232.

Gabriele.

Re: Recommand ARM Emulator / Demo board
I can't find the pricing info. Can you let me know how much it cost? Thanks,
Derek

???...

Re: Recommand ARM Emulator / Demo board

I really don't known. Our distributor in Italy give us the board for 3
months. I've an old quotation of 925US$ (First quarter of 2005).

Bye
Gabriele

Re: Recommand ARM Emulator / Demo board

: >
: > Do you have any recommendation about the ARM Demo Board supporting :
: >
: > 1. Linux or uCLinux
: > 2. Support OS download without JTAG . I mean just using USB/RS232 for
: > firmware/OS upgrade
: > 3. Stable and easy to use and debug.
: >

: I've tested a Cirrus Logic evaluation board, EDB9307.
: It works very fine with a linux kernel 2.4.x, ready to use.
: The firmware may be updated via RS232.

http://www.embeddedarm.com/epc/prod_SBC.htm

based on EDB9307 or similar I believe.
Is cheap, boots linux, no extras need for dev other than a computer and
cross-compile tools. All tools sets provided by supplier for free.

No connection with them other than a satisfied customer.

Jim
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/jj/linux/arm-sbc.html

Re: Recommand ARM Emulator / Demo board
What about these (http://www.bluewatersys.com/corporate/uni /) guys.
Their unikit DIP might be ideal for a small project. I saw it demoed at
a show recently. Its a bare bones board but nice and simple.

For Linux/uClinus development, their $180 Unikit might me what you
want. It includes a simple JTAG debugger.

These guys build good kit and are committed to ARM technology. Their
founder used to work for ARM in the UK and US.

Re: Recommand ARM Emulator / Demo board
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:01:47 +0800, "Ma, Derek"

Look  for something based on the Atmel AT91RM9200. It can run full
Linux. I have seen boards based on this device for as little as
US$350.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Re: Recommand ARM Emulator / Demo board
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:01:47 +0800, "Ma, Derek"

Look at  http://www.at91.com/www/boardtoplist/index.php4

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

re:Recommand ARM Emulator / Demo board
check out http://www.openplate.com .  They have a platform
based on Intel XSCALE IXP425 which gives you plenty of power for
networking stuff.  Their bootloader (based on Redboot) uses tftp to
download new software images which is much faster than downloading
through RS232.

It's under $300.

Andrew

Site Timeline