SPI and I2C on MPC8260/MPC8270

Hi,

I have been looking into support for I2C and SPI on MPC8260 and MPC8270. From Freescale's datasheet, it seems that their I2C and SPI are identical to MPC860.

At the 2.6.15.4 linux kernel configuration, I have found a symbol named I2C_ALGO8XX, that's dependent on 8xx. However, I didn't find any references to this symbol in the source code --

I have two questions:

a) how come there's no code associated to this symbol in the kernel. b) how can I ensure that I have support for SPI & I2C for my MPC8260.

Thanks, Elad Ben-Israel snipped-for-privacy@embrix.com

Reply to
elad.benisrael