Something wrong with setlocale(LC_ALL, "") in glibc ?

When cross-compiling a Montavista Linux kernel for PPC, I modified the BSP and here comes the headache. Something wrong with my file system -- some shellutils are OK, like pwd; but some always cause segmentation fault, like uname. I tracked uname.c. I am sure the problem comes from the function call setlocale(LC_ALL, ""). When I comment it out, uname will work fine. But I find the same call in pwd.c. My question is, what might be wrong with my glibc, or other problem? Any feedback is deeply appreciated!

Reply to
mpc8240