Difference between /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/cua0

Hi there,

I've got a question about the difference between /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/cua0.
Im using the serial port to transmit data to a microcontroller and I've got
to PC both with SuSE Linux 9.0 prof. On the one I can use both ttyS0 and
cua0 and on the other I can only use cua0? Why is that and where is the
difference between them? I know that cua0 was thought for connections to
modems and that it is deprecated. Can anybody tell me maybe what options I
have to check to get my prog working with /dev/ttyS0 on both PC?

Thanks for your help

Thomas

Site Timeline