DSP under ALSA

Hi, I wish to support dedicated DSP under ALSA, My DSP has a small OS and can support encoder and decoders running on them. What I fail to understand is it has Control, PCM, Mixer and Sequencer interfaces if I need to pass the raw stream of MP3 or some other encoded raw sound streams to DSP. How do I pass this stream using ALSA? Once I pass this to DSP can I mix the input and control that using the mixer interface?

I think that the PCM interface is to pass the PCM data. If my decoderis on the DSP why should I get the data back and pass again forrendering?

Best Regards,

Reply to
kawshol