Re: boot rqmts of linux kernel

own hw initialization and low level boot loader. I know that linux has its

> own loader.

There are lots of loaders for Linux. Most are open source and freely available. Sysgo created "ROLO" (ROM Loader) that supports multiple boot strategies with and without using a third party BIOS.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

But ROLO is x6 only (correct me if I'm wrong); if you are looking at other architectures U-Boot (PowerPC, ARM, MIPS, NIOS, ColdFire, x86, ...) is an option.

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de
The speed of time is one second per second.
Reply to
Wolfgang Denk