Problem with printk()?

Hello all,

I am trying to boot up monta vista linux 3.0 on my PPC 405GP board. I have loaded the kernel image and kernel started to run. The program has reached start_kernel function in init/main.c. But I couldn't see any output on my console monitor (minicom) when printk(linux_banner) was executed. I put a break point after this printk() and noticed that the printk() returned siliently. It means the printk didn't hang, it just couldn't output the string to the console monitor. So what could be the problem?

Thanks!

Frank

Reply to
Frank