printk.o

Hi,

How does printk.o gets linked with the module that i place in the kernel. I believe that dynamic linking is not possible in kernel space. There are no libraries present in the kernel space. So, how does the "undefined reference" does not pop up for using printk in my program ?

Kindly, Clarify me regarding this. (I did search google, but did not get the necessary info regarding this)

Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg

Hi, Got the answer. Insmod tries to link a module into the running kernel by resolving all symbols from the kernel's exported symbol table. And So, I do not get that message popped up. :):)

Thx, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg