Porting Bluetooth Stack in Arm-Linux into VxWorks

Hi all, Has anyone got any good links/tips for porting bluetooth stack in arm-linux into vxworks ? Do plz let me know.

regards, karthik bala guru

Reply to
karthik bala guru

"karthik bala guru" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Are you sure u can do this, without breaking the GPL? Can't be too tightly integrated, that is for sure.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Hi , do you mean to say that 'porting bluez protocol stack ' into VxWorks violates GPL.

Actually i have not thought of the GPL here.

Could you please tell me in detail. It would of great helpto me.

Tonnes of thanks in advance, karthik bala guru.

Reply to
bluekarthik

skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

It doesnt violate GPL, you just have to put the VxWorks source code into GPL which probably violates the agreement with Wind River.

--
Best Regards
Ulf at atmel dot com

Hi, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ...... is it so ??? i need to understand more regarding this. Could you pls, kindly give me a link of the document regarding this . It would be very nice of you .

Expecting ur link/doc, karthik bala guru

Reply to
bluekarthik

Hi, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ...... is it so ??? i need to understand more regarding this. Could you pls, kindly give me a link of the document regarding this . It would be very nice of you .

Expecting ur link/doc, karthik bala guru

Reply to
bluekarthik

Try this: .

It was the first hit from about 25 million when Googling for 'GPL'. Please learn to use Google.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Tuano, fine and thanku. i know about copyleft .... gpl. But, i would like to have any doc/link that was stated earlier .( particularly w.r.t porting bluetooth stack (arm-linux) into that of vxworks !! )

thanx and regards, karthik bala guru

Reply to
bluekarthik

That is just a logical conclusion of the GPL agreement and no documentation exists AFAIK.

If you use the arm-linux code and link with VxWorks then you cannot provide the resulting product to anyone without releasing the source of everything. This then includes VxWorks.

There are some limitations. You can sell a PC with Windows and a Windows GNU compiler without having to priovide the source of Windows, but I do not think you can link Vxworks with a BT stack.

If you can have a dynamically linked library with the BT stack, then you might get away with it.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Did you read the GNU documentation?

You cannot copy the GPL'd protocol stack to a closed-source system, unless you can get the VxWorks sources published under GPL.

It is no too probable that anybody wants to help you to break the licensing limitations.

It seems that the only way out is that you write a new protocol stack from scratch (not copying *any* of the Linux one).

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Yes Tauno, I do know and understand that GPL'd protocol stack cannot be taken into Closed-Source System. Anyhow, if i just copy the GPL'd protocol stack(in linux) into vxworks. How would it work ? it is not possible in that way. So I am not Breaking GPL !!!! Hence, I too think and beleive that i have to write the protocol stack in Vxworks from the scratch with the bluetooth protocol specifications and with my previous bluetooth experience !!

Thanks and regards, karthik bala guru

Reply to
bluekarthik

Thanx for that Samuelsson, I do think of implementing an idea of having a THING similar to dynamically linked library with the BT stack for aavoiding the GPL agreement problem. In that way i can get away with it. Anyhow, i am still looking for other ways also. Do let me know, if u have any.