Pic programmer

Hiya,

i would like to use my PIC programmer that ive only got software for windows on my linux computer, mostly because at present the shareware that came with it doesnt allow me to use over a certain amount of bytes.

i have this programmer

what would be the first steps to getting this working under linux?

at the moment i have Fedora core 1 on my computer, im using a parrellel port.

Just woundering also is there a free basic complier for Linux ive seen allot for windows but few for Linux, Im happy with C but would like to use Basic at the moment to just basically create quick hacks that work but arent the most optimised they could be if that makes sense..

cheers

greg

Reply to
spleen