Hi, I think my question got buried in the discussion so I am putting my question out there again. Please be patient.
I am attaching two new drawings to show what I want. I do not know about accuracy but i would as say as much as accurate as possible.
First link is as follows
Second link is as follows
I want to sample the peak value of the sine wave by using ADC (sampling rate 200ksps). I want to sample the peak value of the sine wave at the rising edge or the falling edge of the square wave that you can see in the diagram. The edges will trigger the ADC and ADC will sample that edge. The ADC can not sample the negative values as shown in the diagram. I did not mention the circuitry that can add offset to the input signal and make it all positive.
The questions are
- Is there any way other than RC circuit to get the peak sample of the sine wave at the rising and falling edge?
- Whats the difference between in this case between using the High pass and low pass filter?
- How a PLL can help in this case?
- Any advice about choosing the right ADC?
- I tested the suggested high pass filter using the 220pF and