Nice value and thread priority

Hello

I am trying to understand the scheduling in Linux.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/linux.kernel/browse_frm/thread/c2ee40c43147e79d/0f37be2d50e4dd6c?q=scheduling&rnum=2#0f37be2d50e4dd6c

Here it mentions that for the threads with policy SCHED_OTHER have soft
priority  over the 'nice' range of -20 to +19 (static priority of
100-139)
But when I see the process details with "top -b- n 1" command the
priorities
of the tasks shown are all in 10  to 30 value range and the nice
valuesare -20 to 19

Can anybody please explain me the relationship between the nice value
and the
priority needed for thread scheduling in real time.

Thanx
Vinay

Re: Nice value and thread priority
[...]

Site Timeline