NGW100 - store root and /usr images for later restore

I was recently given an Atmel NGW100 board (AVR32) and have been
learning about it.

I have gotten to the point where I can load root and /usr images to
the board and run them.

What I need to do now is to be able to load the root and /usr images
off of the board and store them on the hard drive of my host computer.

That way I can switch OSs (Linux and FreeRTOS, at first) and restore
each to the state it was in when I last had it loaded.

Re: NGW100 - store root and /usr images for later restore

Have you tried to mount the entire file system through NFS to your
Atmel NGW100 board. That way you make visible to your board a certain
part of your hard disk and all changes remain stored on your hard disk.

Re: NGW100 - store root and /usr images for later restore

Gave the issue some more thought.

If you insert an SD-Card with Linux, and change the bootcmd/bootargs
in U-Boot, you could boot that Linux, and once running, you
can copy the contents of the parallel flash and the dataflash
to the SD-Card using the "dd" command.

Remove the SD-Card and insert in a flash card reader connected
to a Linux machine. Mount the flash card, and copy the files to
your hard disk.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson