NGW100 - store root and /usr images for later restore

I was recently given an Atmel NGW100 board (AVR32) and have been learning about it.

I have gotten to the point where I can load root and /usr images to the board and run them.

What I need to do now is to be able to load the root and /usr images off of the board and store them on the hard drive of my host computer.

That way I can switch OSs (Linux and FreeRTOS, at first) and restore each to the state it was in when I last had it loaded.

Reply to
Eric

"Eric" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

It is much easier if you store your file system on an SD-Card... You can probably read out the parallel flash using a JTAG-ICE Mk II. I do not think that U-Boot supports storing stuff to external memory, but you can connect a dataflash card to an SPI port, and copy from the internal par/ser flash to the dataflash.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson